BREAKFAST CLUB LIVE BLOG, JANUARY 24, 2014
Honestly, this is one of the BEST inventions EVER for people that have spiky hair! With the temps so cold and colder this coming on Monday, I’m thrilled to have my 180’s.
5. From the medical community: While cold and flu medicine may make you feel better, there is a down side. Because you feel better, you may head back to work to early and infect your co-workers. Also, the polar vortex isn’t that bad, while you’re shivering, you’re burning calories.
4. If you’re an officer worker, you spend 5 years of your live sitting at your desk!
3. Happy Birthday to the oldest Facebook user, Edythe Kirchmaier. She’s 106 using facebook, still driving (???????) and is University of Chicago’s oldest living graduate.
2. Soon you can buy an app called Ergo for $3.99. It will allow you to unlock your Android phone by ear recognition.
1. Oreo has two new flavors, “cookie dough” and “marshmellow crisp” (sorta like a Rice Krispie bar)
Northland birthdays include: Walt A, Thomas J, Lisa L and Mitch K! How lucky to have your birthday fall on a FRIDAY!!! CELEBRATE!!!!
Ed Helms, The Office, 39
Mischa Barton, The O.C., 28
Mary Lou Retton, Former Olympic Gymnast, 46
Neil Diamond, singer, 73
Keech Rainwater, of Lonestar, 51
The average American kid eats 203 servings of this a year. ANS: ketchup
DULUTH POLICE DEPARTMENT WARN OF POSSIBLE SCAM [INFO]
JUSTIN MOORE TICKET DROP PARTIES:
Tuesday 1/28 – T-BONZ in West Duluth, 9pm -11pm with David Drew
Wednesday 1/29 – GREEN MILL in Canal Park, 4pm -6pm with Ken Hayes
Thursday 1/30 – COPASETIC LOUNGE on Central Entrance, 5:30p – 7:30p with Cathy Kates
Friday 1/31 – ROPERS SALOON in Superior, 9pm – 11pm with Chris Allen
Saturday 2/1 – GRANDMAS SPORTS GARDEN in Canal Park, 4:30pm – 6:30pm with David Drew
It’s your chance to win Suite Seats from B105. Entries will be handed out every 15 minutes, so the earlier you arrive, the better your chances to win! Plus, we’ll throw in a little pizza too! Increase your odds by bringing friends and hittin’ all the parties!!!
R U SMARTER THAN STEVE:
Chaz picked up World’s Greatest Rodeo Tickets, congrats! Here was his question:
What is the only American state with its official song taken from a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical? ANS: OK
STEVE’S ENTERTAINMENT UPCOME:
Kenny Chesney has filed a copyright lawsuit in federal court this week after a merchandising company decided to use his name and logo without persmission!
Congrats to Keith Urban, Time McGraw and Taylor Swift! They earned a Grammy nod for Best Country Duo/Group Performance, good luck!
Jerrod Niemann will release new music this March. “High Noon” will hit stores on March 25th.
Tori Spelling’s husband Dean McDermott has checked into rehab.
BRIDGING TWO WORLDS WITH PSYCHIC SUSAN ANDERSON
Visit with Susan Anderson, our Psychic when she’s in the Northland at Barker’s Island Inn on Saturday, February 22. [More Info & Tickets]
Thanks to Steve for filling in for Ken! Have a fantastic weekend….I’ll see you tomorrow morning from 6-10a for the Solid Gold Saturday show