BREAKFAST CLUB LIVE BLOG JANUARY 23, 2014
Welcome to Steve, who is filling in for Ken today. Either Ken took the day off or he’s run out of his ginormous supply of Tums and needs to stay close to what he calls “home base”. Oh wait, it could be because it’s his lovely wife’s birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHAWNA HAYES!!!!!!
5. Is it flavor fraud? This weekend taste test for yourself. No matter what color your fruit loop is, it will taste the same!
4. A funeral home in Florida is now offering a wine cellar in their basement. The owner says it will give people a different way to grieve and to celebrate the life of a loved one.
3. Did you know when you drive by an electronic sign with a message, someone physically typed that message in? In Casper, WY a sign operator accidentally typed another 5 and not a + sign. The result? Winds at 355 miles per hour!!! That’s worse than the wind we had last night!
2. This was a “stick”y situation! A woman in Brazil was walking her dog when a porcupine fell out of a tree on her HEAD! She was left with 200 sharp quills for a surgeon to remove!
1. Ever wonder what an NFL cheerleader makes for their time? Seriously, they put a lot into their performance besides looking hot! They have to rehearse, perform AND go with the team to represent at events. The Oakland Raider’s cheerleaders are suing for fair compensation. Right now they make $1,250 per season, with the hours they put in it breaks down to less than $5 per hour. You GO girls!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR B105 FRIENDS
Ken’s wife, Shawna, Cheryl P, Shari B, Sue H , Tammi P, Theresa V and Cory L
Mariska Hargaity, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, 50
Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Saved by the Bell, 40
Richard Dean Anderson, MacGyver, 64
TODAY’S BRAIN TEASER QUESTION:
56% of men say they’ve done this in the last month. Clue: Ken’s done it.
ANS: using moisturizing, Congrats to our winner: Jason S.
IT’S NATIONAL PIE DAY, how are you going to celebrate?
It’s the last day to be listening for the Justin Moore Cue to Call to win tickets, BUT…keep listening, we’ve got oodles of Ticket Drop Parties coming up that can win you seats in our Suite Seat section!!!! We’re proud to be your Country Concert Connection!
R U SMARTER THAN STEVE
Tia picked up World’s Greatest Rodeo Tickets, congrats! Here was her question:
Which four states touch at one point? ANS: UT, CO, AZ and NM
Breaking Justin Beiber News [HERE]
Kim Kardashin has a lot of junk in her trunk and it costs her and Kanye West $5000 a DAY to make sure they have a tailor “on call” for those last minute alterations!
Captain & Tennille are getting divorced after 39 years!
Beloved Bill Cosby could be returning to sit-com world. The potential new series would star Bill Cosby as the patriarch of a multi-generational family.
We interviewed Bob Gustafson, Public Relations for Grandma's Marathon and he said that the Marathon Entry fee structure was going to change. He also gave important dates for registering for the full and the half marathon. Get more info [here].
Remember to be listening for the Justin Moore Cue to call today!!!! Then, get ready to party!!! B105 still has tons of tickets to give away with lots of Ticket Drop Parties coming up, keep listening for times and locations to win your way to the B105 Suite Seats!!!
~Thanks for hanging with the Breakfast Club!