Big Game Snack Idea: Avocado Salsa from Taste of Home
So, you’re house has been designated the “place to watch the big game”! Great! You love having your friends over, but besides cleaning the house, you have the task of determining what to serve. Oh sure, you’re friends will bring chips, but request they bring tortilla chips and give em’ something yummy to put on it, avocado salsa from Taste of Home!
Guaranteed, unless you serve protein shakes, it will be one of the healthier items on your buffet table! Get ready, I’m sure you’ll be asked for the recipe. Plus, it’s quick, easy and you can make it ahead of time and spend your time on your other foods.
- 1-2/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 7 cups.