Bagged Leaf Pick Up For Superior Begins This Thursday
If you’re like me, you’ve got a pile of leaf bags in your backyard waiting to get rid of. The City of Superior every fall picks up your bagged leaves starting the day after Halloween. Here’s the schedule for when to have your leaves in the alley.
CITY OF SUPERIOR
2012 – BAGGED LEAF PICKUP SCHEDULE
The City of Superior crews will be picking up bagged leaves only on the days scheduled below:
November 1 – Thursday All of Billings Park
November 2 –Friday Between Belknap Street & North 37th Street and Butler Avenue & Hill Avenue (including Hayes Court)
November 5 – Monday Between North 3rd Street & Belknap Street and Butler Avenue and East 2nd Street
November 6 – Tuesday Between Belknap Street and North 21st Street and Hill Avenue and East 2nd Street
November 7 – Wednesday Between North 21st Street and 31st Avenue East and Hill Avenue and East 2nd Street (all of East End)
November 8 – Thursday All of South Superior and Butler Park
November 9 – Friday All of Allouez, Itasca and Allouez Acres
* Leaves must be bagged and tied.
* Place bags of clean leaves on the alley or street where normal garbage collection occurs, clear of traffic and garbage cans.
* Leaf bags are to be free of other debris such as wood, paper, garbage, plastic, etc. Bags containing other debris will not be picked up and disposal will be the responsibility of the residents.
* Brush and grass clippings will not be picked up. These can be brought to the landfill. Grass clippings are always free and brush is $5 per car, truck or trailer load. Car/truck and trailer full is $10.
* Residents may also bring bags of leaves to the Superior Municipal Landfill on Moccasin Mike Road, free of charge all year round.
Landfill hours are 8:00 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturday from 7:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Bags containing items other than leaves will be charged normal landfill rates.
Landfill Office 715-398-7222/Street Department 715-394-0244