Applications Being Taken For Superior Police “Citizen’s Police Academy”
The Superior Police Department is accepting applications to take part in the 12th Annual Citizen's Police Academy. It's a series of classes that help citizen's understand how the police department operates, and gives citizen's hands on experience in law enforcement related topics.
The academy begins on Sept. 18th, and the following Wednesdays from 6:00-10:00pm at the Superior Police Department, with Graduation on November 6th.
To qualify, applicants must be:
- 21 years old
- work or reside in Superior, WI
- agree to background check
- no previous felony convictions, or habitual violations of the law
- be of good standing in community
- commit to the nine session program
Applications can be found at the City of Superior's Website, or also at the reception desk at the Superior Police Department.