Alone on Thanksgiving and Wondering What to Eat? No Worries
I was single for many years, and have moved around due to my job, so I consider myself somewhat of an expert on solo Thanksgiving dinners.
I am not trying to make it sound like a bad thing at all, I have been very lucky in that I always was fortunate to have met a lot of great people where I moved and had great friends who would invite me to tag along, but sometimes due to work I had to go solo.
As far as food, if you are hankering for a Thanksgiving type meal obviously it needs to be scaled down since it is just for you, now please keep in mind I also am not a good cook so, these ideas are not for you foodie super chefs. This is for the average person who does not want to spend a lot of time preparing food so here are some of my ideas:
* Turkey Breast or Turkey drumstick great for just yourself with out a carcass and pounds of turkey left over.
* Stuffing out of a box in a pinch, and add some extra spices or your favorite homemade recipe.
* Frozen pie or sometimes bakeries have small individual desserts or pies
* Green bean casserole or vegetable dish you can always make smaller portions of this.
* Turkey crock pot recipes, so you get the smells all day long with out the hassle.
* Go to your local bakery and get a baguette or your favorite rolls, you can eat as much or as little as you want , they are fresh and you don't have to bake them.
* Pre-made mash potatoes just scoop out how much you want and close the container to keep it fresh. I think they actually taste really good. Or frozen twice baked potatoes heat and eat.
Also, do something special for yourself. Go to the spa, pick up a new outfit, stop by your favorite park, or go work out If that is your thing :). Look at this as a stress free day to do what you want, eat what you want and you aren't the one stuck washing dishes when everyone else is in the other room watching football! Also, remember many of these foods are great re-heated, so stock up on your Tupperware, aluminum foil and Ziploc bags.