8 Odd Reasons I’ve Won Employee of the Month
I decided today that I should hang up my 3 employee of the month plaques. People in the office have been giving me a hard time about having blank walls. (When I was single, I never hung a picture…ever.)
Anyway, while I was hanging them, I noticed some strange similarities that got me thinking. For some reason, I seem to shine during the winter months. Here’s why.
- I’m at work more, and fishing less. Bosses like that.
- It’s a quieter time in our business, others don’t shine as much this time of the year.
- I’m inevitably the guy outside jumping vehicles to start them, or fixing cold, broken vehicles.
- I’m one of the few people in the building that forgets to take time off during the holidays, so I’m the only person working here. I win by default.
- I spend less time drinking beer in the winter. It makes me more productive. Summer is another story.
- It’s also darker, so I go to bed earlier, and don’t wake up as crabby.
- Everybody else is grouchy in the winter, and I’m grouchy all the time, so I blend in better with the crowd.
- My co-host Cathy is usually having an operation done this time of year and is missing from work. She’s my biggest competition.
Also, it’s worth mentioning that I win every 3 years. So It’s kind of like a leap year thing. Hopefully see you in 2017.