5 Reasons We Can’t Participate In “Take My Child To Work Day”
Today is “Take Your Child To Work Day,” and sadly I don’t think I will ever be able to participate in this day. At least not with my current job. Here’s why I can’t take my four year old to work as a morning show host. He’s been to visit, but not during the morning hours and followed my day exactly.
1. No kid is ever going to be able to get out of bed at 4:30 in the morning. I whine enough about it, I can’t imagine how bad it would be for a little kid.
2. You’re not supposed to feed kids coffee. Honestly, that’s the only thing to drink around here in the morning. I don’t think people can physically function that early without it.
3. I’d probably forget him in the morning anyway. When you start your day in a zombie like manner, moaning and feeling your way around the house, you don’t think the clearest. I forget to bring all sorts of stuff with me to work. Usually it’s my lunch. I’ve even left my lunch on top of my truck and drove off. I don’t want to risk that with a child.
4. The Breakfast Club, actually doesn’t serve breakfast. We’ve been working on negotiating this for years, but no one listens. He wouldn’t have any breakfast food to eat, and he would get cranky. Much like Cathy does when she doesn’t get her poached eggs.
5. You gotta be quiet in the studio. He’s at the age where he just likes to make noise and sing and talk out loud about anything. While at times it’s cute, it’s also mind boggling. What the heck are you doing or making that noise for? Wouldn’t fly on our show, even though Cathy makes some bizarre noises throughout the morning.
Maybe someday when he gets a little older he can give it a shot. But for now, we’re just going to have to keep it to short tour after a well rested night sleep.